Youth for Christ Swaziland
Youth for Christ Swaziland is lead by a committed Board of Trustees that is a custodian of the vision and provides guidance plus support to the staff. The board currently has five members and is in the process of recruiting two more.
Bongani and the Team are tasked with the responsibility of making sure that the mandate of Youth for Christ is fulfilled.
For now, our ministry is concentrated in Manzini – the hub of the Kingdom of Swaziland, soon to spread to Mbabane.
- Prayer [takes place in Manzini town & Mbekelweni – daily & weekly)
- Evangelism (in any format that suits a particular environment – outreach)
- Leadership Development (conducting leadership training for churches)
- Life skills empowerment (done in NCPs where about 600 young people are reached weekly)
- Sports outreach initiatives (soccer clinics, athletics competitions, fun games in order to create a platform for youth to gather, have fun & hear the gospel)
- Club meetings (drop-in centre)
- Camps (we are in the process of organizing a youth camp to be hosted during the first week of December, we also feed Youthweek annually)
- Partners in strategic ministry:
- Scripture Union Swaziland (a partner in school ministry throughout the country)
- Prison Fellowship Swaziland (strategic partner in reaching young people incarcerated in the juvenile corrections centre called MYPC in Swaziland)
- Churches in Manzini, Ezulwini & Mbabane (strategically located in the communities where ministry is done)
- Swaziland Missionary Network under the auspices of the IMAG (a partner in the implementation of sports ministry outreaches. They are very strategic because they have the necessary equipment needed in doing sports ministry and we have an agreement whereby they borrow it to YfC)
- That our eyes may be opened and we are able to see the channels that God has availed for us to reach young people.
- On the same note to know & to be able tap into the resource wells that only He can open for us to do His work.
- Praise God for the board and volunteers who are committed to taking the gospel to young people in Swaziland.
- Thank Him for a few individuals who believe in the mandate of YfC & more are committing their resources to make sure this happens.
As part of the Body of Christ our Vision is to see that every person in every people group in every nation has the opportunity to make an informed decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ and become part of the local church.
To participate in the body of Christ in responsible evangelism of youth, presenting them with the person, work and teachings of Christ and discipling them into a local church.